Saturday, July 25, 2009

Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

I'm 5 foot 1, blonde with blue eyes at the moment.



www.myspace.com/x_mydecember - for pictures!



But I fancy a change. I've recently had the urge to dye my hair a dark brown - do you think this would suit me?



What sort of shade, if yes?



Anddddd, if you know anything about this sort of thing... How often do you need to dye your roots, on average - and can you do this at home well? About how much would it cost to dye my hair? And how hard would it be to go back to my shade of blonde, if i hated it?



=) xx



Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

I've darkened my hair before--it varies how often you'll need to color your roots, but I needed to do mine about every 3 weeks. And yes, it's pretty easy to do your roots at home. Not so easy to color your hair at home, though! How much it costs to color it really depends on how long your hair is and how much the salon charges; I have hair a few inches below my shoulders, and my hairstylist told me it would cost $70+ additional for long hair to color mine.



I can't see your pic (sorry!)--but it depends a lot, I think, on your skin tone. I have really fair skin and hazel eyes, and my hair's naturally auburn brown. I colored it a really dark brown, and it looked pretty dramatic--it didn't look quite as natural, but people never guessed that I colored it. I'd go to a stylist to help you know what tone to color your hair--go with a cool tone (with purples and blues) if you have cool skin, and a warm tone (with reds and honeys) if you have warm skin. Since your eyes are blue, I bet you're a cool tone--it might look good, especially if you got a good tone of brown and some natural-looking highlights. Don't go too dark--don't do the almost-black brown. I think that would look weird. Pay attention to what color your eyebrows are--if they're blonde, dark hair probably won't look very natural on you. Try not to go much darker than your eyebrows.



It would be fairly hard to go back to your natural shade, though--I would suggest (this is what I did) getting a temporary color treatment that's dark brown. It will wash out/fade over time if you don't like it, and if you do like it then you can get your hair done that color. You can try that at home (look for the non-permanent color kits, I think Clairol has a good one)--but if your hair's really thick and/or long, you definitely want a friend's help and you might want to go to a salon, because my hair's like that and handling it was a big mess!



Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

if you want an answer put a shortcut on your adress please.



Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

yeah get like some red highlights



Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

DARk hair is nice too.



Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

i think u should stick with ur normal hair color its always the best



Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

Hell no you look great and also most of the men prefer girls with blond hair



Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

If you do decide I think it would look pretty, but if you ever wanted to go back to the color you have now it may damage your hair. Why not try a temporary color or semi permanent color and see how you like it, you'll have to dye your hair every month anyhow so putting in a semi wouldn't be as big a deal every month as trying to get your natural color back.



Good luck!



Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

I love dying my hair and I used to be blonde and now I have dark brown hair and it looks great. It a honey mocha color and you should always dye your roots every 3 monthes



Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

i'd say go for it. i think most people look better brunette anyways. i think it would "suit" you. just go with a natural dark brown. not too dark. maybe .... golden brown.



on avg roots need to be dyed every 6 weeks. [ive been dyeing my hair like crazy since 3rd grade, im 13] id suggest going to a professional in a salon to get it done. it will cost around 40-80 dollars. but it would be hard to dye it back to blonde. first you'd have to go to the salon and they'd bleach it. then they'd dye it blonde. bleaching is harmful and hurts.



i hope this helped :)



myspace msg me if you need more info - www.myspace.com/surferrr_x3



Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

I think if you feel like you want to make a change then you should do so. But over time that hair dye can really do some damage to your hair so maybe you should think a little more about it. And don't do it yourself the first time, go to a beautician and get the real color first then ask them how to take care of it!



Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

By all means, dye your hair!!! I am a natural brunette, so anytime anyone wants to dye their hair darker I'm all for it! Most people can change their haircolor. If you have a medium skin tone ( that tans well) dark hair will suit you. I wouldn't recommend going too dark on your first time around; so I would go somewhere like hazelbrown. There are many different 'touch-up' kits for you to use at home. You will have to consult you hairstylist/colorist about pricing and about how often to re-dye. Good Luck!!!!



Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

Okay, so take this from someone who dyes their hair at least one a month. I think it would look fine as a brown, but nothing dark. Maybe an ash brown. Anything too dark doesn't look natural. And always keep in mind going from blonde to brown does not damage your hair as bad as going from brown to a lighter color. Also, if you hair feels kind of dryish try Aussie Three Minute Miracle. (Walmart $3.00) In TN, the average cost for a color is around $45-$65. Depending on how many colors you want. I hope this helped. Thanks.



-Keylas



Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

I personally think that you're born with the hair that suits you best. If you really want to dye your hair dark brown, I suggest you dye your eyebrows too. Or you could just run some highlights through why don't you try two red streaks in your hair like I had, I'm a similar colour to you and I must say, it looked really good!



Lorna



Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

I think the darker colour would clash - you have to think about whether the color matches your facial features, eyebrows etc. I think your natural color looks better - it is understandable being bored with it. Maybe highlights would help give it some pizazz..



Should I dye my hair? [Pictures inside!]?

Nat, I think blonde would be a better color (original) for you, but do what you want

No comments:

Post a Comment